Apple has released the new iPhone OS 3.1 to the masses, and its now directly available for download through iTunes.
A handful of new features are available in this new OS update, both for the users of iPhone and iPod Touch. Here are some.
- Apps organization through iTunes
- Genius recommendation for Apps
- Save video from Mail to Camera roll.
- Better saving options for video clips in 3GS.
- Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe.
- Anti-phising features for Safari on iPhone.
And a lot of more. And also whats rumored about this new OS update is that it updates your iPhone baseband, thus making it permanently locked.
So unless you have an iPhone with contract, a wise deal would be not to update to the iPhone OS 3.1 until the dev team comes out with a solution. iPod Touch users can update directly however.